Community Health Centers are celebrating National Health Center Week, August 7 to August 13. This is a great time to visit a Community Health Center and learn about the unique services they provide. See events below and visit a Community Health Center near you!
Community Health Centers have medical, dental, and behavioral health services often all under one roof. They maximize this service integration by practicing team-based care to provide the care that patients need most. Community Health Centers are values-driven organizations that focus on helping individuals and communities achieve their highest health potential.
wphca policymaker and partner briefing – community health centers: the current state of our workforce
August 11, 2:00-3:30
Join the Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association, the member association for Wisconsin’s 17 Community Health Centers (CHCs), to learn how Community Health Centers across the state are creatively deploying and building their most precious resource – their workforce. Staffing pressures are not unique to CHCs, and the solutions are as varied as the challenges they face. Explore innovative practices and learn how to support Community Health Centers as they meet the need for medical, dental, and behavioral health care in both rural and urban communities in Wisconsin. Speakers include staff from Community Health Centers across the state. WPHCA will also identify policy and budget opportunities to support the health care workforce and highlight findings from a new workforce issue brief
events at wisconsin community health centers
- Dental Assessments and Blood Pressure Screenings at Farmer’s Market, Saturday, August 6
- Resource Fair, Wednesday, August 10
- Community Awards, Thursday, August 11
- Hosting Staff Picnic, Saturday, August 13
- Comunity Health and Resource Fair at Ebenezer Church, 10am-1pm, Saturday, August 6
- Will offer book bags, school supplies, health screening, vaccinations, free food, raffle and gas cards giveaway.
- Children’s Health Day Event, Saturday, August 13
- Event will include child immunizations, dental hygiene cleanings, chair massages, COVID vaccine shots and boosters, and the opportunity to consult with behavioral health and WIC.
- Community Medallion Hunt, all week!
- Yoga in the Park, Tuesday, August 9
- 7th Annual Technolog-E Recylcing Event, Wednesday, August 10
- Community Tie Dye, Thursday, August 11