Operations Leaders Peer Learning Network Face to Face Meeting
Thursday, May 30, 2019
9:30 am - 3:45 pm
Marathon County Public Library
300 North First Street, Wausau, WI 54403
Wausau Conference Room, Second Floor
*$25 REGISTRATION FEE REQUIRED*
NOTE ON PARKING:
The Wausau Public Library has metered parking. We suggest you park in Ramp 3 (Pennys Ramp) located at 101 Washington St, which is one block from the library and has an attendant. See map with instructions below the agenda.
Goal of Operations Network:
The goal of this peer learning network is to provide a venue in which operations leaders at community health centers in Wisconsin are able to collaborate, learn from each other and share best practices. The network will strengthen relationships and networks as well as leverage the collective knowledge to spread strategic ideas and enhance skills.
- Leverage the collective knowledge of the group to accelerate Health Center work related to improving the quality of Health Center operations.
- Strengthen relationships/networks among Health Center staff.
- Gain strategic ideas and tactical skills to use on the job.
9:00 – 9:30 Networking
The library opens at 9:00am. As you come in and Kay sets up for the day, use the available post it notes and markers to write down what you want to get out of today. Use one post-it note per idea.
9:30 – 10:00 Introductions: Who are we and why are we here?
Round table of introductions: Names, roles, etc.
Share: what do you want to get out of today?
Establish and clarify ground rules
10:00-12:00 Using Data to Drive Operations
Before the meeting, send Kay your favorite dashboard, scorecard, tool or example of data you use on a regular basis (without PHI) to monitor or manage operations. We will share and talk through our favorite tools and tricks, as well as discuss how we can continuously improve.
*Feed the meter break incorporated as needed
Key Discussion Questions:
- What operational KPIs and measures are you, your team, and your Board monitoring?
- How do you use these measures to monitor, drive, or manage operations? How do they impact your decision making?
- What works well about your data/data monitoring? What doesn’t work well?
- What do you want to know from others about how they are using data for operations?
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 1:15 Show and Tell – Organizational Change
Mary Alice Tillery, RN, MSN, MHA
Site Director, William T. Evjue Clinic, Access Community Health Centers
Access will kick off our discussion by sharing about their Mission and Excellence journey and how Access has been focusing on organizational culture and restructuring leadership to support their goals.
Key Discussion Questions:
- How does your operations fit into the organizational chart of your Health Center?
- How do you or your Health Center intentionally improve or focus on developing the culture?
- What are things that you like and dislike about your current Health Center culture?
1:15- 2:00 Show and Tell – Integrating Quality and Population Health into Care Coordination
Emily Caves, Quality Improvement Manager, NorthLakes Community Health Center
NorthLakes will share how they are integrating quality improvement and population health into their care coordination work.
2:00 – 2:45 Mentor for a Moment
Open discussion and questions you have for your colleagues.
2:45– 3:00 Evaluation and Next steps
What worked well about today? What would you improve?
What would you like to cover on our next call?
Please complete your evaluations
3:00 – 3:15 Optional: Travel to Bridge Community Health Center
Please let Kay know if you plan to join for the tour, so we can let the clinic know the size of our group.
3:15 - 3:45 Optional: Tour of Bridge Community Health Center
Take a short 1 mile drive over to Bridge Community Health Center for a tour of their clinic! Roger Rego, CFO, will take us around to see their space.
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. Please inform WPHCA staff Lindsey Hess (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the substitution as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins.