Advocacy Leaders Peer Learning Network
Quarterly Face-to-Face Meeting
N.E.W. Community Clinic
622 Bodart St. Green Bay, WI 54301
May 14, 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
1) Network with other CHC advocates to connect dots across CHC communities
2) Update CHCs on State budget process & WPHCA legislative priorities to inform CHC advocacy next steps
3) Tour N.E.W CHC
10:00 – 10:10 am Check-in
What’s keeping you from being totally present in the moment?
10:10 – 10:30 am Mentor for a Moment
Pair up with someone from a Health Center that you have never met, never visited or know little about.
10:30 – 11:00 am WPHCA Update
- Rippe Keane Branding & Value Evaluation
- Hiring Updates
State & Federal Policy Updates
- State Grant
- Dental Therapy
- Medicaid Work Requirements
- CHC Federal Funding
11:00 – 11:50 am State Budget
- Committee on Joint Finance Hearings share out
- Legislative Fiscal Bureau-summary papers
- Legislators on the record (who stands where and who’s said what)
- Now what?
Advocacy Next Steps
- Review May-June Plan (See Handout)
- Legislators to target
- CHC ideas to fill in gaps? Advocacy suggestions?
- ACT NOW: Advocacy Leaders picture/video with: “I support Expanding Badger Care because ______” white board
11:30 – 12:00 pm Break
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch & N.E.W. Tour
1:00 – 1:30 pm Looking Forward:
- August or September PLN F2F? Host volunteer?
- NHCW 2019 (August 4-10, 2019)
- Election Season
1:30 – 2:30 pm Special Guest Presentation – TBD
2:30 – 3:00 pm Evaluation Forms & Adjourn
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. Please inform WPHCA staff Lindsey Hess (email@example.com) of the substitution as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins.