Best Western Premier Park Hotel
22 S Carroll St
Madison, WI 53703
Reserve your room today!
The room block expires on January 26th.
Invoices will be sent after the event if you are paying by check. If you would like to pay by credit card, please contact Lindsey Hess at 608-443-2945.
Early Bird Special December 19 - January 16 - $65/attendee
Early Bird Special Group Discount (4 or more attendees) December 19 - January 16 - $55/attendee
January 17 - February 6 - $75/attendee
January 17 - February 6 Group Discount (4 or more attendees) - $65/attendee
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. You will need to send an email to Lindsey Hess with the new participant name as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins.
If a participant requires special accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Lindsey Hess at the Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association (608-277-7477).
Special Dietary Requests
A vegetarian option will be available. Please let us know if you have other needs.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has had contact with a Community Health Center in the State of Wisconsin and knows about the #CHCSuperPower (Members of the Advocacy Leaders Peer Learning Network, CHC advocates, CHC staff in any capacity of service, CHC board members, CHC patients)
- Understand key policy issues and political landscape affecting Health Centers and your role as an Advocate
- Strengthen relationships/networks among health Center staff and State Legislative offices
- Gain strategic ideas and advocacy skills to apply at your Health Center
Tuesday, February 26th
1 – 4:30 PM CHC Staff Track
- Introductions | Agenda Review | Human Bingo
- W.I.G.O (What Is Going On?) : Wisconsin recently had a major election, so now what? Join this session for a deep dive into state and federal policy issues being debated this legislative session.
- One-On-One: Opportunity to discuss policy and ask questions (special guest)
- Implementing 27-9-3: Prepare and practice for Advocacy Day
CHC Board Member Track (to be held with the registration of 8 or more board members from at least 3 Health Centers)
- Leading out of the details: how do you steer without taking over the wheel?
- Mentor for a moment
- Introduction to advocacy for board members
- Join CHC staff for Implementing 27-9-3
5 – 7 PM Legislative Reception at the Top of the Park
Wednesday, February 27th
8 – 8:45 AM Networking Breakfast
8:45 – 9:45 AM The Inside Scoop: Legislative Panel
- Sen. Patrick Testin, Chair Senate Health Committee
10:00 – 11:00 AM The Political Environment Facing Health Centers
- Tony Langenohl, Capitol Consultants
11:00 – 11:45 AM Review Messaging and Prepare for Legislative Visits
- T.R. Williams, WPHCA Advocacy & Government Relations
12:00 – 12:45 PM Lunch & Keynote
- Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes - Invited
1:00 PM Depart for Capitol: Group Photo
1:30 – 4:00 PM Legislative meetings at State Capitol