July 2017 Leadership Strategy Retreat: Full CHC Integration
Audience: CHC CEOs, COOs, Integration Team Leads, Clinical Team Leads (Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health,
Pharmacy, etc.), Clinic Directors, etc.
**NOTE: Board Members: If you are only planning on attending the board meeting on Thursday, please contact Lindsey Hess, email@example.com, for registration.
Time/Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 – 4:00 – 6:30 (followed by social hour with heavy hors d’oeuvres)
Thursday, July 20, 2017 – 8:30 – 2:00
Location: Holiday Inn
1001 Amber Ave
Stevens Point, WI 54482
Guest Rooms: To make reservations, call 715-344-0200 and press #3. Reference our group name WI Primary Health Care Association.
You can also book your reservations online 24 hours a day by following link: WI Primary Health Care Assn.
Rooms are $119.99 a night. Block of sleeping rooms will be released June 30, 2017.
Background: Many CHCs have been working on Primary Care and Behavioral Health Integration and the SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Solutions has a well-known integration model. But, what if your CHC would like to provide better integration between dental and medical or dental and behavioral health? What models and tools could be used to become a more integrated and patient-centered organization? This session will help participating CHCs determine where they are today with regards to integration, as well as where they’d like to be in three-to-five years – and why they’d like to be there. It will provide some basic information about where different CHCs are starting – and where they’d like to go. It will help connect CHCs in similar places to identify the first next steps – and will help them identify who might be one step ahead to help them continue to overcome barriers.
Participants will be asked to do some pre-work prior to the event, including filling out a survey about your current capacity and goals, as well as bringing some aggregated patient data to help determine the priority populations you’d like to target for better initial integration.
For additional background reading, or preparation, please check out a few of these links:
Overall Meeting Objectives:
- Leverage the collective knowledge of the group to accelerate Health Center efforts around full CHC integration (medical, dental, behavioral health, substance use/abuse, enabling services, pharmacy, etc.)
- CHC teams determine their current state of integration, identify their desired state of integration, identify cohort partners to help advance efforts, and develop actionable strategies to advance integration efforts in meaningful ways.
- Strengthen relationships/networks among Health Center leaders.
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. Please inform WPHCA staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the substitution as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins
Wednesday, July 19, 2017: Setting the Stage & Determining the Current State
4:00 – 4:40 Setting the Stage with Welcome and Introductions
- Background and framework by Stephanie Harrison and Reba Rice
- Overview of agenda and format for the meeting
- Top 1 or 2 things you’d like to leave having discussed by the end
4:40 – 5:30 Interactive Self-Assessment
- CHCs reflect on the current state of integration in their health center and what opportunities for improvement exist.
5:30 – 6:20 Panel Presentation from CHCs on Integration
- NorthLakes: Jessica Fairbanks
- Scenic Bluffs: Steve Huntzicker
- Lakeshore: Kristin Stearns
6:20 – 6:30 Wrap Up & Next Steps
6:30 - 7:30 Hors d’oeuvres & Networking
Thursday, July 20, 2017: Determining Where We Want to Be & First Next Steps
7:45 – 8:30 Breakfast
8:30 – 1:45 [NOTE: WPHCA Board Meeting happening concurrently. If you are only attending the board meeting on Thursday, please contact Lindsey Hess for registration.]
8:30 – 8:50 Welcome & Introductions
8:50 – 10:20 Identifying the Patients that Most Benefit from Better Integration
- Data review and analysis
- CHCs identify priority patient population or service line for integration
10:20 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 12:00 Patient Experience Mapping
- CHCs create a vision for what integration looks like for their priory population or service line.
12:00 – 12:30 Networking Lunch
12:30 – 1:00 First Next Steps
- CHCs identify clear next steps to move towards their vision for integration with their identified priority population or service line.
1:00 – 1:45 WPHCA Board and Team Next Steps
- The WPHCA Board will join their CHC teams in continuing to identify clear next steps to move towards their vision for integration with their identified priority population or service line.
1:45 – 2:00 Closing, Evaluation & Next Steps
- CHCs share their next steps or new vision of integration.
- How can WPHCA help support the next steps the CHCs have identified.
- Closing remarks.