FQHC 340B Summit: Strategy and Compliance
Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association
5202 Eastpark Blvd, Suite 109, Madison, WI 53718
March 6, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
1. Understand the strategic rolls of the 340B program for health centers.
2. Understand the essential policy and compliance framework of the program.
3. Learn how to maximize the value of the program to the organization and patients it serves.
8:00 - 8:30 AM - Registration
8:30 - 9:00 AM - Opening Session
- Welcome and Introductions
- Program Objectives
- Review of pre-conference survey and research
9:00 - 9:30 AM - 340B Basics: The Cliff Notes
Establish the foundation of basic knowledge to support the more detailed material and discussions to follow.
- Overview of the program
- Key definitions and terms
- Basics of the compliance framework
9:30 - 9:45 AM - The Strategic Imperative and role of Leadership
Outlines the relationship between access to affordable medication and quality outcomes, and explores the potential impact an effective 340B pharmacy program has on financial viability of the health center. Defines the role and responsibility of leadership to optimize and protect the 340B program and outlines specific responsibilities for senior leadership in doing so.
9:45 - 10:30 AM - Optimizing the Program
Explores the various models for implementing 340B and the strengths and challenges of each. Includes recommendations for measuring and monitoring performance, as well as strategies for expanding patient access and increasing utilization of the health center pharmacy.
10:30 - 10:45 AM - Break
10:45 - 12:15 PM - Optimizing Compliance
Discusses major areas of compliance with updates on current guidance and expectations. Specific areas of compliance covered include:
- Requirements for participation: registration, auditable records, and recertification
- Patient definition and preventing diversion
- 340B eligibility across the full continuum of care: specialist, referrals discharge, and ER prescriptions
- Preventing duplicate discounts
12:15 - 1:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 - 1:30 PM - Optimizing Compliance (continued)
- Contract compliance including essential contract components and effective oversight of contract pharmacy arrangements
1:30 - 2:30 PM - Updates on Program Oversight and Audit Activity
Reviews the HRSA Integrity Initiative, HRSA audit process, and oversight conducted during Operational Site Visits. Includes:
- Audit risk factors
- Pre and post audit process
- Recent audit findings
- OSV questions
- Recommended policy framework
2:30 - 3:00 PM - Changing Reimbursement Landscape
Overview of the emerging reimbursement issues at the federal and state level including impact of the Medicaid Covered Outpatient Drug Rule and third-party efforts to shift savings away from the covered entities through strategies dubbed “predatory contracting.”
3:00 - 3:15 PM - Break
3:15 - 3:45 PM - Spotlight of the 340B Program
Overview of the legislative, regulatory, and administrative scrutiny of the program, the possible actions, and the potential consequences of those actions. Includes a discussion of the essential elements necessary to advocate for the integrity of the 340B program including.
3:45 - 4:00 PM - Hot Topics and Q&A
Closing session to focus on any hot topics and questions that have risen throughout the day.
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. Please inform WPHCA staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the substitution as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins.