Movement to Model: Understanding Wisconsin Health Centers
(New Staff and Board Member Orientation)
WPHCA Office - 5202 Eastpark Blvd, Suite 109, Madison, WI 53718
May 17, 2018
Hotel options near WPHCA:
Staybridge Suites Madison - East - 608-241-2300. We do have an Association rate of $110. Mention WPHCA to get that rate. - https://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/madison/msnhc/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-SB-_-USA-_-MSNHC
Cambria Suites - 608-241-7070 - www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-madison-wisconsin-WI143
Holiday Inn - 608-249-4220 - www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/madison/msntc/hoteldetail
- Learn what makes Health Centers unique providers, including the history and regulatory framework that underpins your mission
- Learn about major initiatives in the health care sector and how health centers are positioning and implementing these changes
- Meet WPHCA staff and learn how they can help you to leverage collective health center knowledge
- Develop a professional network of experts, allies, and friends among other health center staff and board members in Wisconsin
- For board members only: Learn about your roles and responsibilities as a health center board member
All participants will spend the morning together. After lunch, new CHC Board members and new CHC staff will break off into different presentations.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Breakfast and Overview
Introductions to the day, fellow participants, WPHCA, and WPHCA staff
9:00 - 10:30 AM From a Movement to a Model of Quality Care
Learn the origins of the health center movement nationally and in Wisconsin. WPHCA staff will also help to connect the dots between daily CHC operations and federal legislation including an overview of HRSA program requirements.
10:30 - 10:45 AM Break
10:45 - 12:15 PM Current Health Care Environment in Wisconsin, Government Relations & Advocacy at WPHCA, WPHCA’s Research Agenda
· Explore Wisconsin’s health care environment following the fourth open enrollment period and external pressures impacting the work Health Centers do.
· Learn about WPHCA’s government relations and advocacy work and your role in advancing our legislative priorities.
12:15 - 1:00 PM Lunch and Networking
1:00 - 1:45 PM World Café & Networking (New CHC Staff)
1:45 - 2:15 PM Statewide Quality Improvement (New CHC Staff)
Learn about our CHCs efforts to integrate all aspects of quality improvement. A true sampler platter highlighting HIT, EMR Support/DRVS, ICD-10, Meaningful Use, Core Metrics, PCMH, and more.
1:00 - 2:15 PM Board Member Roles and Responsibilities (New CHC Board Members)
Board Members have both legal and fiduciary responsibilities to fulfill in their roles.This session will use interactive case studies to highlight roles and responsibilities, HRSA's expectations of Board members, and tips for fulfilling those responsibilities.
2:15 - 2:30 PM Break (All Participants)
2:30 - 3:30 PM Putting Quality Improvement Into Action! (New CHC Staff)
Rotate through various stations putting quality improvement principles into action.
2:30 - 3:00 PM Getting Things Done- Board Style (New CHC Board Members)
Boards operate with high-functioning committees and by working closely - and appropriately - with staff. This session will review how to get things done through committees while maintaining clear roles and responsibilities.
3:00 - 3:30 PM Mentor for a Moment (New CHC Board Members)
Our best teachers are often each other. This session provides Board members with an opportunity to get advice from other Board members about any hot topics
3:30 - 4:00 PM How to Get Involved, Closing Comments & Evaluations (All Participants)
Sign-up for: Peer Learning Networks, Update, Advocacy, and group photo
Registered participants may substitute another participant at no charge up to the day of the conference. Please inform WPHCA staff (email@example.com) of the substitution as soon as possible to coordinate meals and participant materials. Participants may cancel at no charge up to 7 days before the event begins. No refunds are available for cancellations 6 days or fewer before the event begins.