Events of General Interest
WPHCA offers a variety of group level trainings throughout the membership year. Training topics are based on member needs, interest, and changes within the Health Center environment.
New Staff Orientation
May 18, 2017
Click HERE to register for the 2017 event.
- Health center staff that have been hired within the last year - or more tenured staff looking for a refresher.
The annual New Staff Orientation provides incoming health center staff the opportunity to learn about the origination of the Health Center movement, the current health care environment, and to network with other CHC staff from around the state. Attendees will also learn about the programs and services that WPHCA provides and how they can leverage the Association as a resource to further their work.
For more information contact Kysa Stocking, 608-443-2956
Fall Learning Session
September 13-14, 2017
Registration link coming soon!
- Clinical: medical, dental, behavioral health providers, managers, and team leads
- Administrators: finance, operations, IT, and human resource managers
- Quality improvement champions
The Fall Learning Session aims to encourage collaborative sharing and networking among Community Health Center staff involved in direct patient care, workforce development, quality improvement, health information, quality/technology, and leadership while providing resources and materials that will drive the improvement of patient outcomes.
Health Center Teams will be able to:
For more information contact: Lindsey Hess 608-277-7477
- The UDS training is aimed at those who are responsible for gathering and reporting the data elements included in the UDS Report
- Management and clinical staff who need to understand the definitions and concepts used
- Those who use the data in their program management and improvement activities
The Uniform Data System (UDS) in-person training is a full day program covering the preparation of the 2016 UDS Report. The training addresses each of the report’s tables, including a discussion of the c changes that have been made and the definitions necessary to complete the Report.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the changes to the UDS tables from 2016 to 2017
- Have the information needed to complete the 2017 UDS report
For more information contact Molly Murray, 608-443-2960
- Health Center Advocates, including: Staff, Patients, Board of Directors
The purpose of Advocacy Day is to assemble interested advocates to provide them with updates on the policy environment affecting Health Centers, their role in shaping the future of local, state and federal health care policy, share best practices on effective communication with decision makers, and provide opportunities to practice their skills prior to meetings at the State Capitol with legislators and staff.
Health Center Advocates will be able to:
- Articulate key messages to Legislators and staff
- Provide updates to Legislators and staff on unique programs offered at their Health center
- Build and strengthen relationships with Legislators and staff
For more information contact Lisa Davidson, 608-443-2953